Get This Free Cheat Sheet Guaranteed To Help Your Next Mix

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Lifting The Veil From Your Recordings

As many of you know, I'm a big fan of lynda.com, not only because my video courses are hosted there, but because I use it so often myself. Musicians and engineers have to be resourceful, and there are times when you just have to learn a little Photoshop or Final Cut to help with your personal marketing. You get the most comprehensive training on lynda.com because all of their more than 1500 courses are presented by experts in their field, the production values are sky high, and the info is divided into easily graspable chunks. It sure beats those blurry how-to videos on YouTube by a mile (like that DIY mic stand video posted here yesterday).

I first started working with the good folks at lynda a few years ago, which has resulted in courses that mirror my books, like Audio Mixing Bootcamp, Audio Recording TechniquesAudio Mastering Techniques, 10 social media courses (based on my Social Media Promotion For Musicians book), and now the latest - Music Studio Setup and Acoustics.

Music Studio Setup and Acoustics is based on the popular Studio Builder's Handbook (written with engineer Dennis Moody), which tries to take all the mystery out of why some rooms sound good and others don't, and what you can do to greatly improve your room (and therefore your recordings) for as little as $150 (less than a piece of gear). Dave Pensado thinks this is the best book I've ever written, and hopefully you'll find this video course just as useful. There's a quick sample of one of the videos below.


I'm happy to be able to offer 7 days free of unlimited access to lynda.com so you can check this and other courses out. Enjoy!



----------------------------------

You should follow me on Twitter and Facebook for daily news and updates on production and the music business.

Don't forget to check out my Music 3.0 blog for tips and tricks on navigating social media and the new music business.

1 comment:

Jef Knight said...

I've been looking for something to give me a break from the studio. I think I'll take a "reading week" next week and try this out.
Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...