Get This Free Cheat Sheet Guaranteed To Help Your Next Mix

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

How Old Are Your Ears?

Here's a totally unscientific hearing test that checks your high-end response. Make sure you use headphones and watch it to the end, since it explains why our hearing gets worse as we grow older.



----------------------------------

You should follow me on Twitter for daily news and updates on production and the music business.

Don't forget to check out my Music 3.0 blog for tips and tricks on navigating social media and the new music business.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im 43 and can hear 17K plainly and it hurt. 18k I had to go back a few times.

So this might explain why old mixers are making today's songs too bright!

Doug Wack said...

That's definitely an interesting test. I have old ears and definitely won't admit how old.

Gian Nicola Beraldo said...

Uhm, I am 38 and cant hear so much around 16kHZ, but then I hear so many "clicks" like a looped loops. Youtube can play 19.000Hz? I am listening with Chorme, RME multiset and Grado RS2 headphone..
Am I so deaf?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...